R'Pantry, UC Riverside's campus food pantry, was established in 2015 as a direct response to the need among students for resources to fight food insecurity – the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner.
In order to support student success, R'Pantry works to:
- Provide emergency nonperishable and ready to eat food
- Provide personal care items including hygiene and household items
- Provide child care items to student parents
- Connect students to on- and off-campus food resources including CalFresh benefits
- Improve the health and well-being of students long term through workshops and education
R'Pantry hosts weekly walk-in food distribution hours every quarter, as well as individual or group appointments for student interested in discussing additional support. This program also offers volunteer opportunities for the UCR community. The R'Pantry is a first step toward providing food security which is one element of basic needs. Campus-wide efforts are being made to move toward a basic needs resource model which includes food, housing, transportation, safety and health.
R'Pantry at the WELL
Additional information regarding our basic needs work can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.